Looking For A Career in Accounting?
If you're an accountant in Perth looking to work with a unique accounting firm, welcome to Velocity Accounting Group. We are certainly not a traditional accounting firm who simply churn out income tax returns and financial statements for our business clients.
We strive to be different and the best in our field. We look for team members who want to do more than just keep the 'score' and we
genuinely believe small business owners want more than just compliance services from their accountant. In turn we look for staff who want to
help our clients grow their business, their profits and their personal wealth.
We are always on the look out for team members who possess our core values of integrity, honesty and passion. We value and reward expertise and committed team players. Here at Velocity Accounting Group we offer you more than just a job, we offer you a career in accounting and business advisory. Our white glove treatment extends beyond our clients to our staff and we are very conscious of our employees work life balance. The practice has grown significantly over the years thanks to our dedicated team of professionals and we invest heavily in both technical training and technology to help them execute. We look for team members who have an eye for detail, a thirst for learning and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
We offer individuals with a passion for accounting, tax and business development a real career opportunity. Principal Sam Hamersley says, "Your career can start at any level and while we are committed to graduate recruitment, we also recruit at more senior levels to improve our breadth of knowledge and experience."
Our Commitment To You
We promise team members at our firm that:
- Your voice will be heard
- Your hard work and contributions will be valued
- Your work/life issues will be respected
- You will have direct partner contact
- You will experience a variety of assignments
- You will participate in quality continuing professional education
- You will have an opportunity for advancement and long term employment
- You will be involved in the community
- You will have the opportunity to achieve your professional and personal goals
- You will have flexibility in work arrangements
Why Join Our Team?
We offer team members a generous and flexible compensation package together with a wide variety of additional benefits. We are committed to the well-being of our staff and strive to attain a healthy work-life balance by offering:
- Flexible work hours - we understand you have families and a life outside of work. Being able to enjoy your lifestyle enhances your productivity and career.
- Continuing professional education including seminars, in-house sessions and conferences
- On the job training with exposure to a broad range of industries and assignments
- Regular team meetings covering technical topics and business advisory advice including marketing
- Soft Skills training, including marketing and business improvement skills, writing and communication skills, Microsoft software training
Continuing Professional Growth
- Our culture and environment offer a wide range of professional experiences. You will develop taxation and advisory experience within a wide range of industries. You will be able to work on projects with various clients and partners giving you the opportunity early in your career to develop relationships with clients. This broader experience translates into faster professional development
- We provide a continuous learning environment as well as extensive on the job training
- Our team based environment provides all members with the opportunity to participate in the direction and future of the firm (and thus their own career path). Our open door policy provides access to the Principal and encourages everyone's thoughts and ideas. We encourage excellence and new ideas in all team members, regardless of how long they have been with us
What You Need to Bring to the Firm
Our ability to bring value to our clients ultimately rests on our people. Here are the qualities we look for:
- Strong communication skills. Good written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership abilities
- Motivation to succeed
- A service focus
- Team spirit
- Pro-active approach
- Technical skills
If you think you have what it takes and would like to work in an upbeat, friendly office environment, contact us today on (08) 9250 4048. You are joining a firm committed to the professional and personal development of its people who will help you realise your potential in accounting.